12.06.2010

They first came for the Communists

A current take on the "They came first for....." statment of Nazi Germany fame, from the always good GinAndTacos ginandtacos.com - Turntables

Here's a reworking of the original by tnb.

First The Original, found here: First they came ...

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Updated for US for today (by tnb, inspired by the GinandTacos link above)....

"They came first for the Welfare Queens because they were destoying the country and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Welfare Queen.

Then they came for the unions members because they were destroying the country and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a union member.

Then they came for the poor and the immigrants because they were destroying the country and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a poor or an immigrant.

Then they came for "Civil servants. Teachers. Middle management and Anyone with a pension or benefits" becasue these things were destroying the country and by that time no one was left to speak up for me."

tnb

No comments:

Post a Comment