8.22.2015

Moving from R to D.

This..
A part of my skepticism flows from my decades inside the belly of the congressional beast. I have seen the Republican Party go from being a center-right party, with a solid minority of true centrists, to a right-right party, with a dwindling share of center-rightists, to a right-radical party, with no centrists in the House and a handful in the Senate. There is a party center that two decades ago would have been considered the bedrock right, and a new right that is off the old charts. And I have seen a GOP Congress in which the establishment, itself very conservative, has lost the battle to co-opt the Tea Party radicals, and itself has been largely co-opted or, at minimum, cowed by them.
(Found at Hullabaloo: from This with the Original Here.)

.. along with the fact they tried to convince me that Sarah Palin was qualified and Obama was an Anti-American, Kenyan, Muslim is why I'm no longer a Republican. If they'll lie like that, they cannot be trusted.

My change?

80 - Reagan
84 - Reagan
88 - Bush
92 - Bush
96 - Couldn't vote for either
00 - Bush
04 - Couldn't vote for either - The war craziness drove me away..
08 - Obama - the crazy propaganda drove me out.
12 - Obama - the crazier propaganda drove me out.
16 - Pulling for Sanders. The Clinton slime stinks and the R's are all crazy so I will set it out if its Hillary vs a Crazy R.

We need a sane, practical president who favors The People over the Big Business/Corporate Elite. We ain't gettin' that from the R or the D establishment.

Go Bernie.

tnb

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment