Wikileaks - Glenn Greenwald
Comments from Julian Assange: Don't shoot messenger for revealing uncomfortable truths
A few highlights from the above:
- Wikileaks did not steal the documents.
- Wikileaks is not the only organization releasing the documents. The Guardian and the NY Times are just two of several news (The Guardian, the NYT, El Pais, Le Monde, Der Speigel, etc.) organizations that are releasing the documents.
- Wikileaks is the only one being attacked.
- Wikileaks is working with these news organzations to eliminate names which could endanger people.
- In most cases, these news organizations are releasing the documents BEFORE Wikileaks releases them.
- Wikileaks offered to work with the US government to cleanup the documents prior to release to protect individuals but the US government refused to cooperate.
- Wikileaks has posted only 960 of 251,297 documents as of 12/7/2010.
- There are no known cases (zero) of our troops, diplomats, informants being physically harmed because of the release of these documents.
- The US press and its government officials are being less than truthfull in reporting on Wikileaks.