1.16.2015

Cops vs The People

Cops should be there to help society not dominate it.

I had run-ins with maybe 20 cops over my lifetime. All for small-time stuff like traffic violations, bailing friends out of jail, had things stolen, teenage issues, etc. and I'd say nearly 75% of the them acted like assholes. I've been asking people around me to give their own estimates (my own unscientific poll) and so far most are in the 50% range. That is, in about 50% of their lifetime's worth of interactions with cops, they think that about half of the time the cop treated them badly or with an attitude. Or, the cop acted like a dick.

I say "Cops are Dicks",.. a lot.

I know not all cops are dicks but I think a lot of naturally dick-ish, bully-type people gravitate to police work. Also, it's got to be a tough job. If you didn't have a dick-ish personality when you started the job, you'd develop one after a few years of dealing with the dumb, drunk and drugged up people you run into everyday. Hell, I worked as a customer service rep for a few years and dealing with people all day, every day, will give you an attitude.

Still, there are good cops out there.

But, suppose a cop walks up to you car window. How would you bet? Is he a dick or not? Where do you put your money?

Breaking down the numbers: One third of Americans believe police lie routinely:


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment