8.08.2022

BS Today

Bari Weiss on UATX..

Raising money is the first thing mentioned when talking about UATX's success.

Since the school’s founding president, Pano Kanelos, announced the project this November in these pages UATX has raised more than $100 million—with no alumni.
Some BS...

For example: that Abraham Lincoln’s name on a public school or his likeness on a statue is white supremacy. (It is not; he is a hero.) Or that looting has no victims (untrue) and that small-business owners can cope anyway because they have insurance (nonsense). Or that America is evil. (No, it is the last hope on Earth.)
I'm sure you can find find someone who believes this but it is far, far from any mainstream view.

and

The founding generation, who married the old and the radically new when they came here to found a New Jerusalem.

        The US?

and 

What I started to witness many years ago as a student at Columbia University . . . has come to impact my friendships . . . my relationships . . . my career . . . It is the reason why I am speaking to you not as an employee of the New York Times, but as a journalist who has had to learn to become an entrepreneur, building new media for our new world.

I didn’t want to run my own company. I didn’t want to be a founder. I don’t own a fleece vest and I don’t wear AllBirds. And despite what you may read on Twitter, I like being part of an institution. I loved telling people I worked for The Times. Part of me imagined I would work there forever.

How did she get a job at The Times in the first place?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment