10.01.2024

Trump Bullshit

Brad Delong keeping up with the Trump bullshit.

He is not supposed to be talking about his fake claims to have been awarded the title of “Man of the Year”. He is supposed to be talking about the high tariffs on Chinese-made cars that he will impose. But he cannot keep focused on the questioner and the question for even fifteen seconds:

    Question: What actions will you take to ensure that our jobs stay in America so we can continue to build the best cars in the world here in Michigan

    Donald Trump: So pretty much as we've been saying. And what I want to do is I want to be able to. Look, your business. Years ago this area I was honored as the Man of the Year. Was maybe twenty years ago. Oh and the fake news heard about it. They said: “It never happened. It never happened". And I didn't know who it was. It was a group that honored me as Man of the Year.

    The fakers back there. See the fake news. But, they said, they said: "Oh!" And they looked. And it. And you know they said it never happened.

    But I swear to you it happened. It did happen. I was Man of the Year. And I came and I made a speech, and said: "Why do you allow them to take your car business away? Why do you allow it to happen they're taking your business away."

    And I didn't know too much about. All I know is that they were taking your car industry away from you. They said it never happened. And lo and behold, somebody said "I remember the event". And then we found out. And we had everything. We got the awards. We had everything.

    It did happen.

    But I gave a speech which at the time was pretty controversial…


Nobody has ever been able to find such an award.

Trump often mentions former Republican Congressman Dave Trott when claiming that he receive this “Man of the Year” award. But Trott says that no such award was ever given. In Trott’s view, Trump likely misremembers a 2013 Lincoln Day dinner in Oakland County. Trump was invited to speak. Trump received a framed copy of the Gettysburg Address and a statuette of Abraham Lincoln. But no "Man of the Year" award was presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment